Why It’s Important To Teach Children Public Speaking:
Because children have great ideas which could revolutionize the world or, at least, help them get one step closer to their dreams
they lack confidence to share them in a public place.
What is more, 21st-century life is becoming increasingly complex.
There is a lot of information out there and children – future grown-ups –
need to be able to filter and communicate the appropriate messages,
in a clear and assertive manner,
so that their needs are being met in a direct and respectful way,
while also acknowledging the impact
their messages might have on others.
That’s why this workshop exists.
At the end of this workshop, your child will know
how to listen actively
and communicate their ideas and thoughts harmoniously
without letting the fear of public speaking stand in their way.
Finally, we believe that filmmaking is a great way to reach out and connect to children.
So, our coaching approach is ‘EduTation – Learn while being entertained at the same time’.
The participants will get the chance to film themselves pitching and, thus – through team work – cement their learning experiences in a short-film.
Several other mini-workshops are included in this workshop:
- Healthy lunch cooking with the participants (we have both a nutritionist and a ‘food for brain guru’ on board, guiding children into healthy and tasty lunch preparation)
- Yoga & Mindfulness (the art of proper breathing with our Yoga & Mindfulness Instructor)
- Dance breaks to break the ice
- Where: @ LHoFT, 9 Rue du Laboratoire, 1911 Luxembourg
- When: Saturday (Drop Off at 10h00, Pick Up at 18h00) and Sunday (Drop Off at 10h00, Pick Up at 13h00)
- What to bring: A yoga mat (or something similar)